Networker

Re: [Networker] upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.4

2008-09-30 15:18:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.4
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:13:18 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
09/30/2008 01:08:56 PM:

> My system admin wants me to upgrade our Networker to the latest
> version and I won't BS anyone. I am scared to death to do it.  Is
> there anyone out there willing to help or point me in the right
> direction so that I am not eventually told to get a box and clean out my
desk.

There are documents on the EMC portal that detail specifics, but I will
say this:

I upgraded from 7.3.3 on Windows to 7.4, with no problems. If you have
storage nodes, be aware that you will have to upgrade the storage nodes at
the same time, as the storage nodes must be at the same version as the
NetWorker server.

No way you can set up a test lab?