Networker

[Networker] staging (or something else?

2008-09-26 01:39:47
Subject: [Networker] staging (or something else?
From: Sid Shapiro <sid_shapiro AT BIO-RAD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:35:37 -0700
Hello,
I have two disk-based backup appliances. Both are set as advanced file
system devices. Both are being used to backup and  both are in the same
pool. I want to retire one of them. I thought that nsrstage would be the
way to do it. Unfortunately, since they are AFT devies, the one I want to
retire is never full, so anytime it is mounted it can get written to.

In fact, when I tell it to stage a save set, it ends up writing it to
itself. I can't see how to force it to write to the volume on the other
AFT device. Is there a way, or is there some other way to "migrate" the
data from the old disk to the new disk?

Help?
Thanks,
/ Sid /