Networker

Re: [Networker] Renumbered network addresses

2008-09-24 17:32:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Renumbered network addresses
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:29:07 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Renumbered network addresses, Clark, Patti said...:

We have a small network that is becoming part of a large network.  We
are not going to use NAT, so we have to renumber our IP addresses.  So,
my server and all of my clients will retain the same names, but get new
IP addresses.  Is this a D&R exercise?

If you mean disaster & recovery (rather than duck & run), then no, I don't
think so.

You don't make any mention of how your clients are actually configured
within NetWorker (like were the clients created using the fully qualified
domain name?), what version of the server or clients you're using, or
what you're using for a naming service (DNS, hosts files, NIS, LDAP,
etc.).

If the clients are all configured within NetWorker using fully qualified
domain names, then assuming the naming service (e.g. DNS, NIS, or
whatever) is correctly updated with the new IPs, it "should just work".
You shouldn't need to do anything on the NetWorker server or clients.

Tim
edu