Networker

[Networker] Question on full expirations and subsequent incrementals

2008-09-22 12:15:53
Subject: [Networker] Question on full expirations and subsequent incrementals
From: Sid Shapiro <sid_shapiro AT BIO-RAD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:09:56 -0700
Hello,
Given that I have one full backup with a certain expiration date. I do
incrementals periodically subsequently.

What happens when that full expires?

I see several possibilities:
1. The full doesn't expire because it has subsequent dependencies, or
2. The next incremental notes that there is no full, so it forces a full,
or
3. something really stupid, like just looks at everything that is newer
than the last incremental, continues to do incrementals, but has no full
from which to base a restore if one is required, or
4. something else.

Does anyone know exactly what happens?
Thanks,
/ Sid /