Networker

[Networker] Issues with Backup to Disk

2008-09-18 12:15:32
Subject: [Networker] Issues with Backup to Disk
From: John Ford <johnpford AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:02:45 -0400
Currently I've been backing up to a CDL710(now I guess EDL) then cloning to
a ADIC Scaler 100 with LTO's.  Things for the most part are ok, but we are
now strongly considering(I have the budget for it) backing up to a Dedupe
libary.  I'm looking that the EMC DL3D 1500 or 3000, and the Data Domain
box(we are also going to replicate to DR).  Anyway, I just had a conference
call and I'm hearing that some people have had issues with Advanced File
Type Device and performance(on windows).  The number being thrown around is
40MB/s(Big B).  So are any of you all seeing this problem??  I'm on 7.4.2 on
windows 2003 32bit 4 x Dual Core AMD.  There recommendation is to migrate
networker over to Unix, which I'm not totally opposed to but I just got the
dust settled on this box.

Also as a alternative are any of you using VTL emulation on these box's??
If so I'd like to know your experience with them.

Thanks!

John