Networker

Re: [Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt

2008-09-18 10:52:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:45:30 -0500
Hello,
With windows you can use mminfo query to first list all tabes in a jukebox
that may have expired then run delete from media index (nsrmm) script that
will make it eligible to be recycled to any configured pools.
There are many examples of how the mminfo query will work on this list
archives, please review the man page for mminfo and nsrmm, for windows
scripting please take a look at "for" cmd.
If you still have questions, i will be glad to help.
Thanks

JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
09/17/2008 05:38 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Remove Volume Labels for Auto Media Mgmt

[quote="Rutherford, Rodney"]

> You don't indicate what platform you are on, but if it is a UNIX
> platform, here is a simple shell script that I have previouly used
> to blank any labels so they can then be used with auto-media management.
>
> Copy/paste everything between the BEGIN/END lines to a file called
> nsr_blank_label.sh then update the JUKE, TDEV, and SLOTS variables
> to match your configs.  Then run with:
>
> /bin/sh nsr_blank_label.sh
>
> Rodney

I am running on Windows... I don't have the dd command.  Linux/UNIX only?

|This was sent by Jonathan.Gill AT uconn DOT edu via Backup Central.

type