Networker

Re: [Networker] Debian Linux

2008-09-16 18:51:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Debian Linux
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:47:08 +1000
Matt.

On 17/09/2008, at 03:35 , Matt Powell wrote:

I am testing Legato 7.4 with SP2 and I was wondering if there was a client for Debian Linux? Anyone here have any experience working with that OS?

Your biggest problem is that it isn't supported - as such, if you run into problems and want to log a call for issues on that particular client, you will get significant push back from EMC support to the point that you may not be able to get support at all.

That being said, I've had experience in the past with doing a rpm2cpio on the NetWorker client package and extracting the cpio'd package into place. The last time I had a client who needed to do this, it was v7.2.x, but I can't imagine it's changed so much that it'll prevent you from doing so.

Again, be aware that support options in this scenario may be significantly limited.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out September 26 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com