Networker

[Networker] Windows NT cluster license issue

2008-09-16 09:06:55
Subject: [Networker] Windows NT cluster license issue
From: Phil Myers <PMyers2 AT CONEMAUGH DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:57:44 -0400
Hello, everyone.

We have a Windows NT cluster client that persists in using a regular
networker license instead of an available NT cluster license.  Node 1 is
named LX-SQL1 and node 2 is LX-SQL2, with the cluster name LXSQL.
LX-SQL2 shows up under the license report as using an NT cluster
license, while LX-SQL1 is using a regular client license.  It's as if
Networker is not seeing LX-SQL1 as part of the cluster.  We still have
an available NT cluster license.  I have deleted and reinstalled the
cluster licenses numerous times without any effect.  I have deleted and
re-added the clients to no effect.  Any ideas how I can get Networker to
see this client correctly?

Phil

Phil Myers
Network Administrator
Memorial Medical Center
(814) 534-1559
pmyers2 AT conemaugh DOT org <mailto:pmyers2 AT conemaugh DOT org>