Networker

Re: [Networker] Restarting a failed group....

2008-09-11 17:16:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restarting a failed group....
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:11:22 +0000
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 03:49:40PM -0400, Dias, Kent (Contractor) wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the work list or how to view it - what arguments
> do you use with nsradmin to view it?

Unix or windows?

On unix I'd do something like:

$ printf "show name;work list;completion\nprint type:nsr group;name:mygroup\n"
| nsradmin -i -

You can do the same thing interactively with:
$ nsradmin
nsradmin> show name; work list
nsradmin> print type:nsr group; name:mygroup

The "work list" is built when the group starts, and it's modified during
use.  It includes the save level.  As things are completed, they're
moved to the "completion" field.  When it finishes, nsrgrp spits out the
completion field and that's what you see in the report.

For a restart, I expect it to run only the items already in the work
list, and only with the level already associated.

You can poll at any time, including while the group is running normally.

--
Darren