Networker

Re: [Networker] Tapes are labelled but not used, 0% appendable

2008-09-05 12:58:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tapes are labelled but not used, 0% appendable
From: Ali <pk4318 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:50:11 -0700
Thats a good point I will look into it, btw we don't eject these tapes to send
offsite Alphastor does ;-)

savegrp parallelism is 16, client parallelism is default 4, Server parallelism
is 96, each savegrp writes to a different pool, total 24 Tape drives in
library.  We only backup specific mountpoints and drives (about 50 GB or more)
so these saveset usually don't finish quickly.

Windows environment shows this behavior during backups (no cloning there) and
Solaris environemnt shows it while cloning from the CDL to tape.