Networker

Re: [Networker] Query in Staging from adv_file

2008-08-21 15:35:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Query in Staging from adv_file
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:33:01 -0400
On 8/21/08 3:00 PM, Stan Horwitz wrote:
On Aug 21, 2008, at 2:59 PM, lemons_terry AT emc DOT com wrote:

It's true that the autochanger license is based on slot count, not tape device count. But the dynamic drive sharing license is per drive (at least, it was when I checked several years ago; please correct me if this has changed).

Right you are Terry. I think DDS is still licensed on a per drive basis.

While that is true, I don't see that as germane to our discussion about VTLs and AFTDs.... I don't think anyone in their right mind would use DDS licenses with a VTL and they don't apply to AFTDs.

Did I miss something?