Networker

Re: [Networker] SaveSet recover question

2008-08-20 10:05:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] SaveSet recover question
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:02:50 -0400
Hello Michael,

I haven't paid close attention to all of your posts. However, I am wondering if you ran scanner on each tape individually, or if you ran scanner once and changed the tapes as needed when it got to the end of each one.

If you ran scanner on each tape individually, that would explain what you have seen because any ssid that is not complete on that tape will not be processed. If you ran scanner once starting on the first tape and when it got to the end changed the tape in the drive to the next one in the series and had scanner continue, it absolutely should have built the media/index entries you say are missing.

By the way... I believe most of us share your dissatisfaction with EMC's support of NetWorker (at least right now). I think a lot of us would be completely lost without this mailinglist to bounce ideas and questions off.

Frank