Networker

[Networker] Query in Staging from adv_file

2008-08-18 04:58:34
Subject: [Networker] Query in Staging from adv_file
From: anandhg <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 04:55:53 -0400
I have few adv_file device and I have created a staging policy and add all the
adv_file to the same pool because, all the adv_file devices has the same
destination pool. But when I am giving "stage all save sets" from the staging
policy properties. NetWorker is staging from one adv_file to one physical
drive. I have enabled parallelism on physical drive level set to 4. But
networker is not doing multiplexing for staged data. The physical drive is
under utilized. If I do parallelism, I think I can make the drive to perform at
its maximum.

Is it Networker's behavior of not to multiplex data staged from disk to tape.
So will networker will use one dedicated drive per stage session from a
adv_file.

Plz advice.