Networker

Re: [Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism

2008-08-14 10:15:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client/Group not using full parallelism
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:09:50 -0400

Unfortunatly, that's really not a viable option since the group takes over 12
hours to run with the other clients in it... And this is the largest client in
the group.. It would take all day if I did this...

> But this depends also where the backup is sent to
> (multiplexing of the tape device and max session per device),
> how many available devices you have, or pending media request

We have 5 LTO-2 drives (set @ 6 sessions each), although only 3 of them can be
used by the pool this group belongs to...

> This depends also of storagenode max session
> (32 or 64 depending of backup server edition) and max server
> parallelism.
>
> My feeling is first to give a try to increase client priority
> to max priority within the backup worklist and to monitor
> running sessions (device availability, current parallelism).
> You may also have to increase group paralelism on top of
> client priority update.

This is Done via the Client Properties ??