Networker

Re: [Networker] saveset sizes?

2008-08-13 05:13:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] saveset sizes?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:09:27 +1000
On 13/08/2008, at 6:31 PM, tkimball wrote:
[In answering to Preston's note about NULL - I don't normally have an issue with skip in the cases I apply them, as we primarily skip on the file level. Any directories skipped are usually boot-disk related and so are handled by Jumpstart. Again, YMMV and I understood the risks when I started it...]

Alas, I forgot to mention that I always recommend to my customers:

skip for files
null for directories

Unless there's a very good reason otherwise.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy", due out September 17 2008:

http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=AU6396&isbn=9781420076394&parent_id=&pc=

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com