Networker

Re: [Networker] Can I make a pool RO on one set of devices, and RW on another?

2008-08-12 13:06:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can I make a pool RO on one set of devices, and RW on another?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:02:45 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/12/2008 12:14:03 PM:

> In regard to: Re: [Networker] Can I make a pool RO on one set of
devices,...:

> >> Btw, are your sdlt320 and 600 devices defined
> >> with same device type ? or just as sdlt ?
> >
> > I did not explicitly set a device type, when I added my library. NW
> > apparently does that itself, by querying the library.
>
> Really?  That must be new, because NetWorker has always asked me what
> type of drive each drive is, whenever I've had to configure a library.

Well .. on Windows, it tells you what type of drives are in the
"autodetected SCSI library" (which is what I did). And since what it found
is what is actually in the library, there was no need to explicitly tell
it what the type of drives were. Nor did I have any reason, weeks agao
when I last re-installed this library, to override the detected types.

You can explcitly tell it what type of drives are there, even when
installing in Windows. However, if what  it finds is what you would have
chosen anyway, why would you change it? :-)