Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows

2008-08-08 16:02:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:59:07 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Problems renaming NW 7.4.2 server in Windows,...:

You should be able to use scanner on the media and get the information
on the old backups, however.

That's exactly correct.  There are other options for getting old data
back that don't involve recovering an old media database and config
from a system that was experiencing a lot of problems.

Not that is practical, depending on your enviornment, but you can do
restores from those old backups if need be.

Yup.

Depending on your environment, one could even do the mmrecov to a
temporary system (I would probably have the system off the network, to
avoid any possible conflicts or licensing issues with your current
system).  If you can somehow get a tape drive connected to the temporary
system, you can use that system to do the recovery.

Tim