Networker

[Networker] Impersonation was requested by...

2008-08-07 12:08:52
Subject: [Networker] Impersonation was requested by...
From: Olaf Zaplinski <olaf.zaplinski AT QSC DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:03:49 +0200
Hi all,

I often see this in the logs:

08/07/08 17:53:56 nsrexecd: Impersonation was requested by: "SYSTEM/windows-client.example.com@NT-AUTHORITY", but the user does not have enough privileges to impersonate.

I see this always when I use windows-client.example.com as a NMC with the server. I log in to the NMC as root (and not as Administrator), but root has all NMC privileges, and "isroot,host=windows-client.example.com" is a member of the server's administrator group.

Can somebody explain what is wrong here?

Olaf