Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drive hw specs & residual data (off topic)

2008-08-06 11:46:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drive hw specs & residual data (off topic)
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:42:44 -0400
I doubt such a white paper even exists...

I think the only 'data' a tape drive can retain is its own
firmware/serial number/model number, etc....

Beyond that, it can't retain any data, it's primary function is to read
and write magnetic media, it is not designed to 'retain' any data other
than what it needs to function (i.e.. Firmware).