Networker

Re: [Networker] backup data over the net

2008-07-31 15:16:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup data over the net
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:14:20 -0400
Stan makes excellent points here.  One option to consider is using network
devices to encrypt the data while it is 'in flight'.  Thus, you don't bear the
key management and processing burden on your client, and the data arrives in a
compressible state at the tape device.

tl

Terry Lemons
Backup Platforms Group