Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup restore relocate path for unix

2008-07-31 06:06:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup restore relocate path for unix
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:55:14 +0100
kurianv wrote:
are u very sure that we can do this task in command prompt?

No - after checking, I am very sure that you canNOT do this, even from the command prompt. Sorry if I misled you.

I was confusing myself with the issue of when you can control a restore from another platform. For example there are cases where you can run a directed Windows restore to another Windows box but control this from a Unix server, and vice versa. This is where there are restrictions about doing this from recover rather than nwrecover or winworkr.

Cross platform recoveries are most definitely NOT supported. You would need to recover to a similar server and copy it some other way.