Networker

Re: [Networker] solaris to linux migration

2008-07-29 20:00:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] solaris to linux migration
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:55:19 -0400
On Jul 29, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:

In regard to: Re: [Networker] solaris to linux migration, Stan Horwitz said...:

On Jul 29, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Clark, Patti wrote:

Speaking of the NWMC, if you are thinking about running it under
Linux, think again. Its not supported under Linux.
Hunh?!  I don't understand this statement.  Please explain.

If you want to run the NetWorker Console Manager, you can't install it on a Linux server because EMC hasn't provided a Linux version.

By "NetWorker Console Manager", do you mean NetWorker Management Console,
aka NMC?

NMC has been available for Linux since at least the 7.3.3 release. We're currently using lgtonmc-3.4-1 on one of our two NetWorker Linux servers.

We've opened support calls with EMC about a couple issues with it, and
they've never once indicated that it wasn't supported on Linux.

Really? I stand corrected. I could have sworn it is available only for Windows and Solaris. This is great news because I want to set up a separate system to host my NMC and I had mistakenly ruled out running Linux on it.