Networker

Re: [Networker] Location shows unknown in recovery of exchange

2008-07-22 07:21:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Location shows unknown in recovery of exchange
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:50:56 -0400
On Jul 21, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Maarten Boot wrote:

we are trying to do a msexchange recovery , but the location field shows UNKNOWN. According to the build in help the location should give the volume the saveset is located on.

I have tried to recover with version the exchange module 4.1(the version we use for backup of the exchange data) and with 5.0.

When using the "show versions" I can see all dates and times and the various savesetst (size) but the location remains UNKNOWN.

It seems that this is blocking our recovery attempt.

As my exchange admin has never before worked with networker they turned to me for advice.
My knowledge of this module is extremely limited.

can anybody offer any assistance?

This is happening for one of two reasons. First, make sure you are accessing the backup by referencing the cluster name, not the name of the cluster node. Second, verify that the media database for that cluster client isn't corrupt using nsrck.