Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcode labels - Questions!!

2008-07-21 11:46:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcode labels - Questions!!
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:41:32 -0400
http://www.avery.com/software and select Design Pro.  The next page
provides a selection of free downloads.  They are even offering a User
Guide now.  It does require registration.  This is something that you
can create a tape label with a barcode and test with without spending a
dime.  Then you can make your decision.  We do our own custom labels
without issue.  I've used them on DLT-7000 on a Sun library in the old
days and now on LTO-2 media in both Quantum and Dell libraries.  Use a
regular printer, laser or inkjet.  Granted the preformatted label
templates are specific to Avery, but you can create your own custom
template, too.  Test with regular paper until you have what you want.
Then you purchase a box of the labels.

Patti Clark
Sr. Unix System Administrator - RHCT, GSEC
Office of Scientific and Technical Information