Networker

Re: [Networker] Nsrjb -w

2008-07-21 10:39:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] Nsrjb -w
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:35:19 +0100
Coty, Edward wrote:

Is there a way to run a tape report(mminfo query) from a UNIX backup server to
a remote windows backup server and then cat the output and run the nsrjb -w
againest the tapes to move to the cap door.

I have SL500 auto-changer running with Networker 7.4.2. If this cannot be done
does anyone have a script example of mminfo queries and withdrawing tapes from
the output of the query on a windows server.

I think what you are asking is "Can I run nsrjb on a remote server/storage node?"

Well you sort of can. You can use the nsrexec/nsrexecd connection to run certain commands, provided that the remote server has the local server in its servers file. The command has to begin with nsr or save and be found in the same location as the save command. To do this you need the following commands:

TAPELIST=$(mminfo -q "some query" -r volume)

export RUSER=root
export RCMD="nsrjb -w $TAPELIST"
nsrexec -c remotebox

Equally you could use some kind of non-NetWorker method of running a remote command to a Windows box.

You can also use this method to run nsrjb commands locally if you are not root.