Networker

Re: [Networker] Can I restore *just* directives?

2008-07-17 09:01:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can I restore *just* directives?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:58:39 -0400
Stan Horwitz <stan AT temple DOT edu> wrote on 07/17/2008 08:49:27 AM:

> Didn't you do an nwrecover previously?

No. I did an "mmrecov" to recover the mm database on the old server,
thinking that was the cause of my problems. Doing that overwrote my
directives (I had to use an mmrecov tape from before the creation of the
directives). But I never did a nwrecover on the old server.

> If so, use the copy of the /nsr/ res directory that you previously
recovered.

No, the new server was completely built from scratch - I did no nwrecov at
all.