Networker

[Networker] Another oddball cloning question - cloning clones this time...

2008-07-16 14:06:25
Subject: [Networker] Another oddball cloning question - cloning clones this time...
From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks AT VT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:03:11 -0400
I've got a pretty good handle on how to take a backup or archive pool,
and take tapes or savesets in that pool and clone them into a backup clone
or archive clone pool.

However, I'm not finding much on how to do the reverse - given a selection
of tapes/savesets in the clone pool, re-cloning them back into the original
pool.

Application - consider a locally stored pool, and an off-site clone pool
that's a pain to retrieve a tape from.  Now a tape in your local pool goes
bad/lost/whatever, and you want to regenerate it because you need to have
an onsite and an offsite copy....