Networker

Re: [Networker] Question about NetWorker 7.4 SP2 devices on Linux

2008-07-15 07:35:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question about NetWorker 7.4 SP2 devices on Linux
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:33:09 +0100
Stan Horwitz wrote:
As Terry Lemons pointed out back in May, NetWorker 7.4 SP2 for Linux comes with a new attribute for devices. The attribute is called "Reserve/Release" which is located in the "advanced" tab. What I want to know is what each of the four reserve/release options does. I am guessing that "persistent" helps address the problem I and others have seen where NetWorker loses track of fibre channel attacked tape drives. Right? What about the other options, "simple" and "persistent+APTPL?" What do those selections do?

I don't have that option. I am running a server with 7.4SP2 on Linux. Does it perhaps only appear with SAN connected devices?