Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?

2008-07-10 13:20:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on upgrading from 7.2.2?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:15:11 -0400
Please excuse the top posting (kinda wanted to separate this) but just wanted to thank everyone for their input. I'll be putting all the information together, and reading through the various documents over the next few weeks to plan for the upgrade. Also have to talk to EMC Legato. I'll report back to the list on how the upgrade went and what, if any, problems we encountered and how we addressed them.

George

Rodney Rutherford wrote:
Dennis,

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
:-)

This was a left-over assumption from when I originally migrated to RHEL and NW 7.2.x wasn't supported on RHEL 4, and I certainly didn't want to go to NW 7.3 at the time, so I stuck with RHEL 3 and NW 7.2.2. As a result, I ended up associating NW 7.3+ with RHEL 4+ in my mind.

I always had the desire to go to a 2.6 kernel anyways, and it wasn't until 7.4.2 was released that I even considered upgrading, so once I decided to upgrade I did so across the board.

Of course, upgrading the OS is dependant on your hardware support as well, so you really need to decide what the best OS version is for your hardware.

Rodney