Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating from Networker to Commvault galaxy

2008-07-08 04:28:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating from Networker to Commvault galaxy
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:23:17 +0200
On 2008-07-07 16:29, John Stoffel revealed:

JS> Our biggest hope is that we can get the CommVault Archiving module
JS> (HSM) working with NFS exported filesystems on NetApps.  Are you
JS> planning on going this route as well?

Nope.

JS> I'm also thinking that there should be a better forum for CommVault
JS> users to share experiences.  I'd love to work on setting up a mailing
JS> list for CommVault users like this one.
JS>
JS> Maybe a Yahoo group to start?

Hm, there are some community driven efforts as far as I can tell. The
motives behind the forums are unclear, and the activity seems kind of low
as well. I can only speculate what the motives behind creating these
semi-idle communities are, but there really doesn't seem to be many
alternatives otherwise. I wonder why that is though. Maybe commvault has
appealed to users that are less used to community forums and mailing
lists..?

Either way, this is what I found:

http://www.commvaultsupport.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
http://www.commvaultusers.com/