Networker

[Networker] Problem getting existing client to backup

2008-07-07 14:26:39
Subject: [Networker] Problem getting existing client to backup
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:22:23 -0400
Running NW 7.2.2 on Win2003 Server, client is also Windows Server (7.2
client version also).

 We've backed this client up before (but only once a week). Yesterday,
it failed as though it was not up, but it was. The machine resolves to
two different IP addresses due to its dual port NIC, which I think has
teaming configured... Could this be the problem ??

 See errors from probe done a few minutes ago below.

I hate that Networker is so dependent on DNS, another thing that must be
put back in place following a disaster before you can begin restoring
data... Data recovery systems should not depend on anything external,
period ! It's poor design IMHO.

07/07/08 14:08:35 savegrp: command 'savefs -s buserver.domain.com -c
clientx -g Groupx -p -l full -R -v ' for client clientx exited with
return code 1.
07/07/08 14:08:35 savegrp: clientx:probe succeeded.
* clientx:All rcmd clientx, user root: `savefs -s buserver.domain.com -c
clientx -g Groupx -p -l full -R -v'
* clientx:All 07/07/08 14:07:58 nsrexec: nsrexecd on clientx is
unavailable.  Using rsh instead.
  clientx: Connection refused
* clientx:All 07/07/08 14:08:35 nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection
refused

Regards,

Paul