Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.4.2 save sessions that do not "kill"

2008-06-30 11:01:51
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.4.2 save sessions that do not "kill"
From: Kevin Malone <kcmalone AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:56:41 -0400
One thing I have noticed about NW 7.4.2 is that if you have to "kill" a backup
session, if you do so in a Windows environment using something like Process
Explorer, or kill a savegroup, the sessions in Networker do not actually drop
off.  You have to go to the client and kill the save process on the client to
stop the session completely.

In 7.2.2 land, when you stopped the process or savegroup on the server, it
stopped the sessions from the     client(s) as well.

Anyone else seen this?

Maybe its a RTFM, but I've looked for things in the Admin Guide for settings or
functionality that would make this the case, but I don't see anything.

Kevin