Networker

Re: [Networker] adding more drive

2008-06-27 07:14:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] adding more drive
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:10:53 +0100
willConrad Macina wrote:
I agree. Even if it were possible to add slots and drives without deleting
the jukebox and rerunning jbconfig, there's too much possibility of things
going desperately wrong, and then you've wasted the time to reconfig and the
time to troubleshoot the problem. It's much easier and safer to go the
jbconfig route.

Of course it all depends on how well you know what you are doing. It IS unsupported, but I have done it many times and would be confident of getting it right (second if not first time).

One thing to bear in mind -- I'm sure you've thought of this but I have to
say it -- when adding more slots, be sure you're not going to run afoul of
your autochanger license. If you configure one more slot than your license
supports the jukebox will not work.

Very good point.