Networker

[Networker] One command line contest?

2008-06-26 20:25:31
Subject: [Networker] One command line contest?
From: Eddie Albert <EAlbert AT earthlink DOT net>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:21:31 -0400
Like to have a contest for the most useful single command line for
networker.

Single command line = after you hit the first ENTER key.
Most useful = usable by the most organizations

So break out your codemonkey books and show your stuff.

Oh right, we must have a prize. What can we give as a prize. Hmm, give me a
couple days to come up with something cool. Since I am helping come up with
the prize I hope it is useful for me as well.

We are a financial institution.
We backup PBytes a day.
We are average.
We have LTO3 drives in an SL8500 (ok not so KISimpleS)
We interface with ACSLS

Do you have a utility that synchs up ACSLS w/Networker?

Man I would love to hit a command line or click on an icon that does that.

Maybe you have a script that punishes an abusive user <woo-hoo>.

Oh codemonkey solution must come with your best DBAs or SAs are so stupid,
did I tell you the time that ???? You fill in the blanks.

I'll start with a basic example.

DBAs are so stupid, this one time in band camp. ok that's not it.. Today we
received a request from DBA3, to setup an rman on DB1 on Sun @ 7pm. Yeah so
what. big deal right? Well we received 3 tickets for the same server to
backup the same DB at 3 different times on 2 different days!

HELLO do you talk to your team?

So um, tell me YOUR story!

So saith the Networker Ninja, so saith your Jedi Networker Master. (ok most
days I still think I am a padawan!)

So let me go find an uber cool display prize you guys get to work.. Show me
do you have THE RIGHT STUFF!???

In Valen's name! /ALE