Networker

Re: [Networker] adding more drive

2008-06-26 12:05:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] adding more drive
From: Bruce Breidall <Bruce.Breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:00:09 -0700
A lot depends on the type of library you are adding, but in general you
should just forget about the auto-config wizard and the gui, and stick
with jbconfig, especially with unix. I have never seen it work right.

Your assumptions are correct. In order to add one device, you have to
delete the library first, then delete all the existing devices, then
configure them all back in. Very straightforward and well documented -
not.

Such an idiotic implementation, but it is what it is.

After you delete your existing library but before you add reconfigure,
use inquire to verify all the devices are seen by the OS, and then use
sjisn to verify that legato will be able to configure what the OS sees.
Sjisn talks to the actual library controller and queries what elements
the jukebox will see.

Keep in mind that you will also have to reset any non-default parameters
on the library, like auto media management and readhost.