Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3

2008-06-20 02:42:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3
From: Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:37:07 +0200
You're correct, I need to resign the package in order to import it into
Satellite server. As pointed out by Patti Clark RPMv4 corrupts RPMv3
packages.

I see that the discussion has taken a direction towards creating a new RPM
based on the existing one. I'm a bit reluctant to this apporach, as I'm not
sure what the consequences with regards to support, stability (possible
errors), and so forth are. Moreover, doing this every time I get a new
NetWorker client upgrade is not very tempting.

I'm more in favor of one of these:

   - Getting the source RPM from Legato. I guess this will never happen.
   - Getting a RPMv4-built RPM from Legato. This *may* happen (hopefully).
   - Downgrading to RPMv3 on one of my servers, and perform the resigning
   there. I'm not sure how to do this without corrupting the system/RPM DB.

What has everbody else done in this situation? I'm sure I'm not the first
one to attempt a resigning of NetWorker client RPM without rebuilding the
package completely.

Regards,
Kenneth Holter