Networker

[Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3

2008-06-19 10:39:27
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker client RPMv3
From: Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:36:02 +0200
Hi.

I've received a NetWorker client (version 7.4.2) RPM package, and need to
resign the package.

The package was, however, built with RPMv3, and all our systems run RPMv4.
Since RPMv4 cannot resign RPMv3 packages it becomes very difficult to resign
the package.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? The way I see it I need either the
source RPM so that I can rebuild it myself, or I need an ordinary client RPM
built for RPMv4. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Kenneth Holter