Networker

Re: [Networker] Simplify Media Management nsrjb scripts

2008-06-19 09:29:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Simplify Media Management nsrjb scripts
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:19:14 -0500
Hello,
We do a similar routine, however, keep in mind, if you have backups
running at the time you issue unload, it will just fail, typically, you
may need to rerun your withdraw or manually, remove the remaining tapes
after backups end.
One other thing, if your ideal device time-outs are set appropriately, you
are less likely need unload.
HTH

Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
06/19/2008 03:11 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Simplfy Media Mangement nsrjb scripts

Withdraw wont work if the tape is in a drive... So yes, doing an unload
is helpful.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Group Limited or third parties. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit,
store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should
destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Group Limited does not guarantee the
integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions
expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions
of Macquarie Group Limited.

type