Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC not available for Solaris AMD64

2008-06-18 07:58:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC not available for Solaris AMD64
From: Attila Mester <Attila.Mester AT SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:47:47 +0200
This is right, no NMC on Solaris x86/x64 plattform available at this time. This can be a problem if the whole environment is homogen only on Solaris x86/x64 plattform. But the NMC doesn´t have to be installed on the backup server itself, you can use any other Solaris Sparc, Linux or Windows server if you have one available.
regards  -attila

Attila Mester                           5 Digit Sun internal: x62534
Data Protection Architect                  Tel: (+49 89) 46 008 2534
Sun Microsystems GmbH                      Fax: (+49 89) 46 008 2583
Sonnenallee 1                                Mobil: +49 172 812 5947
85551 Heimstetten / Germany              mail: attila.mester AT sun DOT com