Networker

Re: [Networker] backing up the bootstrap to storage node

2008-06-10 18:20:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] backing up the bootstrap to storage node
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:13:10 +0100
Alex Alexiou wrote:
Yes, I know Networker does not allow you to back up the bootstrap to a
storage node. Unfortunately, the tape library attached to our backup
server is down, so I would like to back this up to another library
attached to a storage node until this is fixed. Any way to do this? Or
even just back it up to disk somewhere?

You could back it up to a locally attached disk device. You could then stage it to tape on a storage node if you so desired. However - answer me this: if you had to DR your server and the bootstrap was on a storage node, how would you run mmrecov?

This limitation is in the product for a good reason!