Networker

Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server

2008-06-10 13:59:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] are indexes skipped during backup of networker server
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:54:25 +0000
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:42:58PM +0000, mark wragge wrote:
> Is it true that a flat file backup of the networker server will automatically
> skip the client indexes?
> &nbsp;
> How is this accomplished - is it through a directive that is applied
automatically?

It used to put a '.nsr' file in the index directory.  I haven't checked
recently.

> I wanted to restore the whole indexes folder to a disk and when I did
> this the indexes were all empty although the folder structure was
> intact. I am aware that i can restore indexes using nsrck -L7 but this
> was not how I wanted to restore the networker server OS.

Now that's a separate question.  I'm sure that I've recovered
'/nsr/index/*' before.  But it's not a recovery from a flat-file backup.
It's recovering from the nsrindexasm backups.  Are you just doing a
normal recover, or are you doing a saveset recover?

--
Darren