Networker

Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!

2008-06-02 16:21:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] The volid on tape and the one in media base is not the same!
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:03:34 -0400
Ramo,

That is not what you were asked to do.

Please provide the entire output from the two mt -f <device> status commands.

Frank

On 6/2/08 3:06 PM, ramo wrote:
ok stan;i have posted the result of the mt command,well i will posted them
again for you :

mt -f /dev/rmt1.1 status
mt -f /dev/rmt21 status

I have tested the devices with the mt command; the only difference between themes is: /dev/rmt1.1 lun_id 0x1000000000000 Logical Unit Number ID False /dev/rmt2.1 lun_id 0x2000000000000 Logical Unit Number ID False with the same : FC node node_name 0x100000e00203649f FC Node Name False and SCSI ID !!! scsi_id 0x10200 SCSI ID False Is the fact that they have the same SCSI ID is correct ?! how to get persistent binding set in the OS for tape devices ?.