Networker

[Networker] Cloning all incrementals for a client or group

2008-05-30 16:39:42
Subject: [Networker] Cloning all incrementals for a client or group
From: JWCollins <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:26:47 -0400
I would like to be able to clone all incremental backups since the last full
for a client  or group to a tape each day. I cannot figure out how to do this,
or if it is even possible.

Currently, all incrementals are cloned to tape, and that tape is taken offsite
daily. I can manually clone the multiple selected savesets, but there's got to
be a way to automate it, (I hope). :?

We run a monthly full on @ 400GB of documents, and daily diff's run 500MB-1GB.
I would like to have everything available on just two tapes, the last full
clone, and the latest incremental clone that includes all incrementals for a
client or group.

We're running NW 7.4 SP1, soon going to SP2. The backups are on a aftd drive,
and the clones would be going to tape.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John.