Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?

2008-05-29 13:39:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: [Networker] Parallelism of "backup clone" pool devices?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:31:25 +0100
MIchael Leone wrote:

Well, that's close to what I said. :-) So any idea how can I specify to run more clone jobs that the number of physical drives in the library? I know that regular backup jobs (i.e., not backup clones) will execute more jobs simulataneously than there are physical drives. Someone posted that they thought that backup clone jobs were single-threaded, and thus if I have 4 drives, only 4 backup clone jobs would execute at one time.

Clone jobs are single-threaded - that is correct. One session at a time, requiring one drive to read and one drive to write.