Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker management console backup problems

2008-05-15 04:31:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker management console backup problems
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:28:09 +0300
Clark, Patti wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Peter Viertel
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:11 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

Try savepsm.sh instead of just savepsm
-----Original Message-----
From: EMC NetWorker discussion [mailto:NETWORKER AT listserv.temple DOT edu] On
Behalf Of Pokuri, Srinivas
Sent: Wednesday, 14 February 2007 7:02 AM
To: NETWORKER AT listserv.temple DOT edu

Hi,

When I try backup of Networker console database, using the saveset
"NMCASA:/gst_on_(server name)/lgto_gst" and specify "savepsm" as the
backup command, the backup fails with the following error message:

Any help is appreciated.

savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output

-b: Backup pool

-C: Compression

-c: NetWorker client name

-E: Encryption

-h: Help

-I: NetWorker Management Console install directory

-l: Backup level

-P: NetWorker Management Console OR NetWorker Dashboard

-s: NetWorker server name

-T: Truncate logs without backup

Thanks

Srinivas

I have been using savepsm.sh and it still does not do the automatic
backups - same error.  I can run it manually by passing the correct
parameters and have set up a script to run it separate from the
Networker scheduler.  If anyone in Networker land has this running via
the automated backups, please post your working solution, otherwise this
may be a bug.

This is described in esg91980. I just tripped on that one after the upgrade to 7.3.4. The solution is to remove the directive from the client resource that has the NMCASA saveset:

Cause

NetWorker Client resource is configured with a directive for the instance of the NMC server host.

A local directive has been created and applied to the NMC server host's install directory.

Resolution

Set the directive field on the client resource to null or blank for the very first entry in the directive drop list

or delete the client and re-add without assigning a directive to it.

Thanks,
Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - RHCT
Office of Scientific and Technical Information

-- Yaron.