Networker

[Networker] NFS or NDMP for NetApp

2008-05-12 12:05:20
Subject: [Networker] NFS or NDMP for NetApp
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:02:08 -0500
Hello,

I've only worked with Networker for a few months so far, but I was wondering if a best practice when backing up filers is NDMP (DAR) or mounting the nightly snapshots over NFS?

Right now my Networker is a single storage node running RHEL 3u9, I am hoping to move it to 4.6 soon.

Any thoughts/experiences/rules of thumbs welcome.

-Eugene