Networker

Re: [Networker] Question about VSS and 7.4.2

2008-05-06 04:09:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question about VSS and 7.4.2
From: Birk Bohne <birk.bohne AT BATCHWORKS DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:02:08 +0200
I don't had the time to test it, but if i interpret the doc's correctly only
the VSS System State can be backed up without a license.

NetWorker 7.4 Service Pack 2 Release Notes P/N 300-005-511 REV A04 Page 9:
VSS licensing: A license is no longer required to back up the system state on
Microsoft Windows.

Birk Bohne
Backup and Virtualization Consulting
Erfurt, Germany