Networker

Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?

2008-04-30 15:07:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Delete data from tape?
From: "Cornick,James" <James.Cornick AT CERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:57:37 -0500
You don't have to wait for something to become recyl to label the tape, recyl
is just Networker's way of telling you the data has expired based on your
retention policies and the tapes dependecy on save sets that exist on other
tapes.

Label the tape if you don't want the data then plop it in a drive and back
something up on it.  Adjust retention policy like you said.