Networker

[Networker] Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?

2008-04-30 10:12:45
Subject: [Networker] Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:09:21 -0400
Win2003 SP2, NW 7.4.2

So I have an old tape, no indexes on tape. I need a set of files off this
tape (I know the exact names I want). Problem - tape volume is *not*
listed in media db (dunno why - inadvertently erased?).

Anyways, I do a "scanner -v -m <device>", and then it loads back into the
media db. I go to the client, and do a "saveset" recover, using the GUI
client. I choose the proper date of the saveset; I specify the particular
files I want; I re-direct the files to a holding directory. "Required
volumes" shows me the volume I just scanned in. All things I've done
before.

I load and mount the tape, and tell the recover to start. And it tells me
the server can't find the volume. ...

Volume does show in the media db. Volume shows in drive (with the proper
volume label). I can view the savesets on the volume, and there is the
backup of the drive I am trying to recover from.

It *should* Just Work, yes?

So I missed something. But what?

--
Michael Leone