Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRADMIN wild cards

2008-04-29 10:47:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRADMIN wild cards
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:44:25 -0400

Venkat, as I'm preparing to upgrade to 7.4 sp2 (windows) I just found
this in the new release notes (300-0050511_a04_elccnt_0.pdf):

Querying with wildcards in the nsradmin program

With NetWorker release 7.4 Service Pack 2, regular expression queries
have been
enabled for the nsradmin command line program, using a new command,
regexp.
The regexp command can either be set to on, which enables regular
expression
queries, or off, which retains the previous behavior in which wildcards
are not
supported for queries. By default, regexp is off.

To enable regular expression queries in the nsradmin program:

1. At the nsradmin prompt, type the regexp on command:

nsradmin> regexp on

2. Perform a query by using wildcards, for example:
nsradmin> print type: NSR pool; name: Index*
This will return all pools that begin with the name "Index," for
example:
name: Indexed Archive;
name: Indexed Archive Clone;